Regular Council meetings and Work Sessions are held on the second and fourth Tuesday, beginning at 6:00 pm (Work Session immediately following when held).
Council also has four committees:
- Finance Committee, meets every first Tuesday at 1:30 pm
- Boards & Commissions Committee, meets every 3rd Monday at 1 pm
- Planning & Economic Development Committee, meets every last Thursday at 2 pm
- Public Health & Safety Committee, meets every other third Wednesday at 5 pm
- Strategic Planning Committee, meets as needed
There are three ways to watch Council meetings:
- In-person at Rouss City Hall Council Chambers, 15 N. Cameron Street
- Online (live or on-demand) via the City's agenda portal
- Comcast cable ch. 6 (live only)
A public comment period is offered at the beginning of every Council meeting. Residents can address the body on any topic, but remember that Council members will NOT be able to respond, answer questions or engage in conversation.
Public hearings are designated for certain agenda items and feedback is solicited after Council President announces the item during the meeting.
If you wish to speak during the public comment period or public hearing, sign in upon arrival and wait for your name to be called. Written comments are also accepted, but must be submitted no later than 12 pm on the Monday prior to the meeting to be included in the agenda packet. Use the online form to submit your comments.
City Council Members
Two City Council members are elected from each of the City's four wards and the Mayor is elected at-large. Each member serves a four-year term.
|At-Large||John David Smith, Jr.||Mayor|
|First Ward||Richard Bell||Vice-President|
|First Ward||Les Veach||Councilor|
|Second Ward||Emily Rose Windle||Councilor|
|Second Ward||John Hill||Vice-Mayor|
|Third Ward||Kim Herbstritt||Council President|
|Third Ward||Corey Sullivan||Councilor|
|Fourth Ward||Kathy Tagnesi||Councilor|
|Fourth Ward||Phillip "Phil" Milstead||Councilor|
Interactive GIS Mapping (online)